Volume 2 (1.d4 d5 / 1.d4 various / Queen’s Gambits) of an accessible primer and reference book about chess openings. Provides a solid foundation to build your opening repertoire on. Explains what you should be trying to achieve, with clear indications for further study.
* Comprehensive: covers all main variations likely to arise
* Easy-to-use: important moves and key positions are highlighted in colour
* Long-lasting: it doesn’t outdate because it is about basics – not the latest fashions
* Complete: explains the plans and counterplans for both Black and White
* Down-to-earth: simple, verbal introductions (not a database dump full of dead trees)
* Convenient: every opening is illustrated with a number of instructive games
* Prize-winning: received the Golden Award of the Italian Chess Federation
This book helps beginners to develop a solid understanding of fundamental opening play, gives casual players the ability to choose the opening that suits their style and taste, and is a tool for club players to test and review their opening repertoire.
|Merk||New in chess|