How to play the Najdorf Vol. 1 by Garry Kasparov
The Najdorf system in the Sicilian Defence has a legendary reputation as a defensive weapon for Black. It is an opening where people often strive for a full point, instead of simply defending the position with the black pieces.
Many great players have contributed to the development of this complex opening. There were two world champions who formed much of their careers using the Najdorf system as their weapon of choice against 1.e4: Bobby Fischer and Garry Kasparov celebrated spectacular successes with it.
Both players used the Najdorf during their child prodigy years and retained it as an important part of their repertoire during their entire careers.
For Garry Kasparov this added up to experience with the Najdorf at the very highest levels of chess. For chess amateurs and professionals alike it is a great moment when the world‘s leading expert shares all the secrets in his favourite opening.
The series has the following content:
- Part one introduction to the various subsystems of the Najdorf, including the „Poisoned Pawn“ variation.
- Part two main lines against 6.Bg5 e6 7.f4, including the legendary Polugaevsky Variation.
- Part three main line 6.Be3.
- Introduction 12:37
- Possible deviations 9:43
- 6.Bg5 Nbd7 18:35
- 6.Bg5 e6 7.Qf3 19:21
- Gothenburg variation 19:59
- Poisoned pawn variation 9.Rb1 19:36
- Poisoned pawn variation 13.e5 22:46
- Poisoned pawn variation 13.Be2 and 9.Nb3 27:49
- Poisoned pawn variation 8.Nb3 17:24